Saturday, October 16, 2010

Last Day Of The Fair

Each year I try to make it to the county fair. I've been going every since High School. On the first day of the fair the school would give us free tickets and half day at school. This year I got a discount ticket for $5.00 entry on the last day of the fair. So, I got on the Metro link and off I went. When I was younger I never liked the scary rides, and I still don't. I always end up wondering around looking at the entertainment and finding a booth for corn on the cob or cotton candy. As I got older, I found all the exhibits inside the building to be fun and sometimes educational. My favorite place to go was the miniature train layout. I could stand there for hours watching the trains and looking for the new setups each year. This year and once before, I got to go inside the gates and see the whole layout and watch the conductors operate the trains, I was thrilled. Over the years I have taken my children, my grandchildren, friends and relatives to see the fair. I'm not sure how much they enjoyed being carry or dragged all over the place, but I always had a good time. I have a few not so good memories of the fair too...I lost one of my Son's there when he was quite young, he wondered off and it was an hour or more before he was found. I've worn the wrong shoes for all that walking and could barely walk out of there. I've misplace my car in the parking lot, it rained once and we had to leave early.
I took a few pictures while I was there this year. The one of the ferris wheel at night turned out to be my favorite. I think the fair is a great place to go once a year and have lots of fun. See you next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Make a personalized gift at Zazzle.

My Blog List